Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last band concert....

Shay's last band concert was tonight. They did soooo well! I was so proud of her. I'm very glad that she stayed with band, she has so many good friends and good memories over the last 6 yrs. (including jr high) She is a very talented girl! Just wanted you to know how proud I am of you! Love you, Shay!


This year is so full of first and lasts! Shay's high school career is soon to be over, but her adult life is only beginning. I kind of feel the same way about my weight loss. This is the last year I will ever be in the 300's and I'm very ready for my life to begin. I've been in a holding pattern watching life pass me by. Under all of this weight there is a very adventurous person. I'm ready to live that life. I'm ready to start having people want to be like me, instead of me wanting to be like other people.

I went for a walk with Gayle today and she was telling me how proud she was of me. I was really confused by this, because in my eyes I haven't done anything worth feeling pride yet. She continued to say that she could not walk as far as I do if she had another person on her back. I am carrying another person with me ALL the time, but I'm trying to shed that person. That is something to be proud about. Thanks Gayle for the inspiration today!

As for my goals, I walked 26 mins today, but didn't do a very good job tracking my food. I'm going to work on that tomorrow. I, also, have a walking date with Lisa tomorrow. So, tomorrow is looking on track. Well, I need to go work on my bible study.

Have a great day!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Great walking today and hang in there through those leg cramps! I can feel your pain on that end but once you walk through them over the next couple of weeks they will be history for good! Praying for you on your journey!
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for joining my blog... that is the main one you joined... i have a weight one I am daily on.. you can find it on the right of the main blog..

    I love meeting new people..hope you had a great day today..

    TaDa

    ReplyDelete