Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's a family thing...

Let me start this post by saying the I have a wonderful family. A fanastic, hard working husband, 2 awesome kids, wonderful parents, siblings and in-laws. I am a truely blessed individual. God has smiled on me.


Tonight was Shay's senior band banquet, Kevin pulled himself out of bed after only 6 hrs of sleep to come, (he is working 12 hr shifts all week 10pm-10am) what a great dad! Mom and Dad both came, also. We had Fazoli's for supper, and I did a lot better than I thought I would. I offered to get my dad's dessert and Shay jumped up and said that she would get it so I wouldn't be tempted! What a great girl!

So, back to the title of this post. My life is very wrapped up in my family and I'm glad, but there are family traits that I wish I didn't have. Dad read "The Beast" post and told me tonight that he understood completely. I figured he did, but to hear him say it was something different. I see the beast in Seth and it scares me. This is one family thing that I don't want to pass on to him. I know that I have taught Seth some bad eatting habit, but I believe to the core of my being that some of this is genetic. We have some kind of addiction gene. I don't see it in Shay, but I do with Seth. I got many great traits from my father that I have passed on to my son, but I'm hoping to stomp this one into the mud.


I did really well on my points today. I only used 29 out of 37 pts. I was really worried about supper, lol! I got a 24 min walk in and then did 30 crunches this evening.


Have a blessed day!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment