Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sleepless in Lamar....

I'm setting at my computer at 8:36 am and wishing I was asleep. I have been up for roughly 26 hrs now. I wish I could say it was for some big cause, but it's not. I had a root canal yesterday and they prescribed me steriods for inflamation. I feel like that kid on "Talladaga Nights" all jacked up on Mountain Dew! Well, it would have to be Diet Mountain Dew for me, lol!

To update you on my progress, I did very well Tuesday with my points and with the walking. Kevin, Shay, & I walked at the city park in Boonville and Seth played basketball. It was a very nice walk and I made the whole 22 min without stopping!!! I was very proud of myself. Yesterday, I stayed within my points, but didn't get the walking in. The root canal put a kink in my plans. I was a little sore, but not too bad. Everything was going really well, UNTIL! I hate that word, but anyhow, there isn't much to do at 2:00 in the morning except watch tv and eat. I fought the urge for well over an hour before I gave in. I'm not proud that I let my addiction win out, but I am proud that I didn't go into a complete binge. I ate peanut butter and jelly first, and later had oyster crackers. I'm not keeping chips in the house and it was the only crunchy, salty item I could find. So, I did end-up blowing my points, but I'm not going to let that get me down. I'm back on point this morning. I have a wonderful plan for exercise today and I'm tracking my points again, as of 6:00 this morning.

Let me tell you my plan for today. I'm very blessed to have a very good, core group of friends that are my prayer girls! Lisa, Mary Beth, Gayle, and Judy. We meet every Wednesday night for group. We have bible study, share our thoughts, problems, funny stories, and pray together. Right now we are doing a Beth Moore Bible Study - A Woman's Heart:Gods Resting Place (an amazing study, if you haven't done one of Beth's studies you should) and we have added Nancy, Jeanne, and Benita to this group. Last night one of my prayer requests was for my walking program. I have been struggling with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm doing it, but it isn't fun. So, Gayle and Mary Beth offered to walk with me today and be my support. So, we are meeting at the church's shelter house for a picnic lunch at noon and then walking my 22 min. Lisa may be joining us, also. I'm so excited to be walking with them. I love these ladies so much! I feel like God has given me a team to help me through this difficult time. Kevin, Shay, Seth, Gayle, Mary Beth, and Lisa! WOW!!! Now you can see how blessed I am. Thank you, Jesus! With support like this how can I fail!

Hope you have a great day, I'll post later with my weigh-in for the week and let you know how the walking went. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment