Thursday, April 29, 2010

33 hours and counting down...hopefully!

As of this moment, I have been up for 33 hrs. But I'm very happy to say that I am wearing down. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open to finish my post. But I'm dedicated to blogging all of this journey.


It, actually, has been a really good day. I had my picnic and walk with Mary Beth, Gayle, Lisa and our little helpers, Hadley, Xia, Sadie and Katie. I was a great time. We had wonderful fellowship while we ate (I had a 3 inch ham and cheese sub with lettuce and a bag of baked lays from Subway), while we walked our 22 mins, and while we finished tacking a quilt for the church picnic. It was a much needed time for me today. I hope all of you have wonderful friends to lean on! It makes life a lot easier.


This evening at Weight Watchers, I weighed in at 326 pounds. That is a loss of 4 pounds for a grand total of 46 pounds!!!!! I was very happy with this. I'm hoping that the steriods will not mess with my weight loss for next week. Weight Watchers is a fantastic plan, I can't say enough good about it. The key, of course, is following the plan. That is where I get in trouble sometimes. If I track my points and follow the exercise plan I'm going to lose weight. That is the tall and short of it.


Another great thing that happened this week is my son, Seth, lost 3 1/2 pounds. He is 10 yrs old and weighs 155 pounds. He is about 4 ft 10 inchs tall. (I asked his permission before posting his weight) He was soooo proud of himself. He is a very, very, very picky eater and food has been a struggle. All we have done differently this week is, move more and eat less. He is not on a diet, we are cutting back on some of the snacking and trying to eat better food. But you could just see his face glowing when he saw that he had accomplished this, because we are actually just trying to maintain his current weight.
I'm going to sign off for tonight. The goal for tomorrow is to journal my food, stay within my 37 points and walk 24 minutes. Have a blessed night!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the title of your blog! It really is a journey to FREEDOM, isn't it? I've been stuck in a fat-prison for most of my life... and I'm ready to break out!

    Congrats on your weight loss so far! You are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work. I'll be following along from now on... and I hope we can encourage one another along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Your son is absolutely ADORABLE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I was so happy to see your blog too. I'm going to be a 200 pound loser someday too! lol!!! I'm looking forward to following your blog! Also, thanks for the comments about Seth, he was thrilled to get on the blog. lol!

    ReplyDelete