Friday, June 4, 2010

Proud Momma!

I just want to say how proud I am of Shay. Let me clarify, I'm proud of both my kids, but today was Shay's day, lol! We had Orientation at USI and she auditioned for the choir. USI has two choirs; one is the Chamber Choir, they only admit 25 to 40 people and they perform all over the US and Canada, they, also, travel over seas,too. Last year they were in Ireland. The other choir is the Women's Choir. Well, Shay not only got into one of the choirs, but she was asked to be in BOTH!!!! She has an amazing gift from God!

Didn't stay on track with my food today. It was very hard not being at home to make the meals. We left at 6:00 am and didn't get home until 4:30. Then I immediately left again. lol! But I got A LOT of walking in. So, back to it tomorrow. The next 2 days are going to be hard food days, but I'm making a plan now to help make it not as stressful.

Some of you know that I'm a serious metal head when it comes to my music. Don't get me wrong, I love almost all music, but I LOVE metal and hard rock. I've been trying to find a christian alternative to this and was very pleased to find Skillet last week. We already listen to Flyleaf, but it is hard to find a truly metal christian band. At least, it has been for us. So, I'm listening to the CD and one of the songs really, really stood out to me. It's called Monster and it described exactly how I feel when the "Beast" shows up. It put to music how I've felt about my weight, lack of control, and complete addiction. Right now I'm in a really good place and haven't had to deal with the "Beast" since my candy bar incident, but it does feel like it looms right under my skin. I'm going to try and post the video off of YouTube.

My plan for tomorrow is to eat a healthy breakfast before I head to the food sell at the auction. (The woman's guild at my church is doing a food stand at an auction. I just know there won't be anything healthy to eat. lol!) Eat a good lunch at home before heading to a friend's birthday party and eating a healthy snack before heading to the graduation party. See what I mean about tough food day! lol! I'm going to try and get in my Biggest Loser workout, also.

Have a blessed day!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment